The Archaeological Park
Arlon’s Archaeological Park once housed the town’s communal cemetery, which stopped being used in 1853. Many crosses from the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries can still be seen.
The site has been occupied since Roman times: the remains of thermal baths and a hypocaust (heating system) have been found.
There are also traces of a Gallo-Roman building, the foundations of which were used to build a parish church in the 17th century. It is also possible that the Roman structure itself was built on the ruins of an ancient basilica dating back to the time of the thermal baths…